Habitat III is the United Nations Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development
to take place in Quito, Ecuador, from 17 – 20 October 2016.
WElink Group and BHS are honoured to be co-sponsoring an event, in conjunction with Ecuador’s Public National Company for Habitat and Housing (EPNHV) to focus on Sustainable and Affordable Communities and Urban Development, through a series of presentations, discussions and workshops at the Habitat III conference.
Our event will take place in a WElink BHS purpose built structure in Quito, adjacent to the Habitat III conference centre, comprising of residential units as well as conference and office space in order to showcase our fast-track, scalable and sustainable packaged building solution aimed at alleviating the current global housing shortage.
This event represents a unique opportunity to present how BHS housing develops low-impact, sustainable housing using an efficient build and assembly process method which achieves high levels of energy efficiency.
– Use of renewable energy sources present on or near the building.
– Use of construction materials from sustainable sources.
– Reduction of waste during construction and providing recycling facilities within the building.
– Protection and enhancement of biodiversity.
– Reduction of water use in the building and reduced storm water run-off from the site.
– Promotion of green transport strategies and solutions