Objective of role
We are seeking an enthusiastic financial accountant to oversee the finances for the Group’s Iberia region. This role will be responsible for the financial reporting for the region and ensuring comprehensive and accurate results are reported to Group Finance, the CFO and management of the Iberia region.
- Prepare balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports.
- Responsible for analysing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Report organisation’s financial results to management and Group Finance whilst ensuring continuous improvements to the Group’s processes (including resource utilisation, tax strategies and budgeting).
- Responsible for preparation of accounts, tax returns, financial forecasting and risk analysis.
- Responsible for the creation and presentation of reports, business plans, budgets and financial statements.
- Strong attention to detail, and a good understanding for the need for numerical accuracy
- Able to work in a multi-company, multi-project environment
- Strong communication and team skills complemented with a strong work ethic
- Relevant Accounting or Finance qualification
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a finance role
- Fluency in English and Spanish (written and oral), Italian and Portuguese is a plus;
- Knowledge of Spanish taxation (Portuguese is a plus)
- Experience in Ms Office software (Word, Excel);
- Knowledge of financial accounting systems (Sage is a plus).